This new course aims to develop a greater awareness of the rich tapestry of our twelve senses, their relationship to our body, soul and spirit, and to discover ways to nurture them to enhance our personal experience and deepen the connection with ourselves and the world at large.
The intensity of the simulated world of technology, science and economic pursuit we are surrounded by can often make us feel overloaded. Our inability to digest our experiences in a healthy and balanced way enhances the feeling of emptiness or thirsting for even more stimulation exacerbating the feeling of loss and disconnection.
The self-contained course of 12 weeks is open to anyone who would like to explore and become more conscious of what our senses do, and how we can bring more of a balance. It will be supported with conversation, and artistic work (regardless of previous experience).
- How long is this course?
- 12 weeks
- Who is it for?
- Anyone who would like to explore and become more conscious of what our senses do, and how we can bring more of a balance.
- Course dates and times
- Mondays, from 2.00 – 5.00pm on the following dates:
- 14th April 2014
- 28th April
- 12th,19th May
- 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th June
- 7th,14th, 21st July
Each session includes a break with bring-and-share refreshments.
- Where is it?
- St. Luke’s Medical Centre
- How much does it cost?
- The cost of Oasis courses is assessed according to each individual’s means. Participants interested in joining a course will be invited for an initial interview, during which they will be asked what level of financial commitment they can make. Please understand that once agreed, this financial commitment is binding even if, for whatever reason, the participant is unable to attend a session.